The 34th IGC Organising Committee is pleased to announce the GeoHost support scheme. This scheme will provide financial support to selected young Earth scientists, geoscientists who live and work in low income countries and deserving people who have assisted with the organisation of aspects of the Congress.
Two programs are available under the GeoHost Support Scheme:
GeoHost Training Workshop Program (TWP)
GeoHost Funded Delegate Program (FDP)
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Applicants will be advised of success by March 2012
The GeoHost Support Scheme is the 34th IGC’s sole scheme for providing financial support to congress delegates. No additional schemes or funds will be available to provide financial support to congress delegates.
About the GeoHost Support Scheme
- Applications will close on 1 November 2011.
- Successful applicants will be notified by March, 2012.
- Applicants can apply for support under either the Training Workshop Program (TWP) or the Funded Delegate Program (FDP), not both.
- The application process must be completed in full for an applicant
to be considered. Non-compliant or incomplete applications will not be
considered or acknowledged.
- Applicants for GeoHost Funded Delegate Program must be:
(i) the presenting author of an abstract that is selected for oral or poster presentation at the 34th IGC; and/or
(ii) a Symposium Convenor, as recognised in the scientific program published in the Second Circular and on the Congress website.
- All applicants for FDP support will be invited to attach their abstract after completing the online application form. There will not be any fee for submission of abstracts under the FDP program.